Friday, October 9, 2009

Augment Learning

After reading the preferences, personal potential and related tasks I am inclined to turn on music while I sit and read the computer tasks. That might actually improve my tolerance or joy of the online educational journey. I wish there was another person in central Arkansas who could sit at a computer next to me as I struggle to learn in a medium that feels foreign. I will indeed plan time to phone a friend or take a walk in the neighborhood and mentally prepare for my next computer challenge.

As an educator I am aware of students need to engage in their own learning. I plan classes to incorporate a variety of senses and styles and know that if they do not engage every six minutes, they are lost and may as well take a nap. I wonder what might happen if there was low soft music in the background for classroom settings? Application games from Soft Chalk, case studies that they read and respond, quizzes, video clips, ever present PowerPoint on Blackboard, and guest speakers are some of the tools used today that I find helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment